Thursday 26 April 2007

Isile of Capri, Italy 28k 2.5 hrs




I sit eating the freshest salad with 5 kinds of greens, fresh cubed cheese, the ripest cherry tomotoes, grilled chicken, drizzled in balsamic dressing.My afternnon lunch ispaired with the best bread and freshly squeezed iced lemon juice that I must sweeten to drink. I must also mention that I sit at a little table, sunning in my bathing suit. I look to my left and I see the bluest water that crashes against the rock leveled beach that is visited by only a handfull of other individuals tring to get away from the tourist section of the island. THere is the most beautifyl lighthouse that scales hundres of feettall. As many places in ITaly that I have traveled in the past, the color of every flower temps me to dismount my bicycle and snap a picture in hopes to preserve the beauty that brings me happiness. Emperor TIberius had himeslf a garden of eden of the sea.


I think to my self I am very happy that I brought my bicycle, becuase If I did not I would of never found this beach that is generally tucked hidden away but only populated with locals and a few tourists that are brave enough to rent a car for the island.

I got off the fairy this morning and decided to again scale the sea side mountain cliffs that are lined with little steep roads. I find that only portions of the island are accessable by car or bike. This is the Anacapri, the eastern side of the island. I ride to 3 corners of the island that each take me down 4-5k to the sea ending roads... then back up again to the mountain top villages.

My day in Capri ends too quickly, and I must head to Napoli to catch my train that will take me to Venezia... the italian town that we all have dreamed about were you are kissed as you pass under bridges that can get you over the streets of water. WEll... I htink most women have thought about this at one point or another.

AMore Katelyn

No comments: