Wednesday 12 September 2007

Off to Scotland


I leave italy today. I hate to leave, I really love it here. I try to decided if I love Italy better than spain. I stop after a few minutes, I will never have a resolution. Different beauty, different food, different people, different attitude...similar compared to many other european countries, but different enough to love different aspects of each one.
I am nervous... Nervous is the word. I cannot believe I am saying this. I am off to scotland to visit Liz and plan cycling tours for next year. I have placed alot of pressure on myself, and I should. Without pressure, I would not get anything done. I do not want to fail, this is my dream.
I am also nervous because it is the first time in my life I will have a traveling companion for about 2 weeks. Not even my ex-husband and I traveled this long together. Not only a traveling companion, but one that does not speak very good english, a person that I have really only spent about 3 weeks of my life with, and one that does not really ride bicycles; yet is comming along for the long haul as I scale the mountains of the highlands. Yep Ruben has holidays in September and always wanted to see scotland, so why not. He is truly a beautiful person that brings a calm to me, always happy, positive, and has a spirit that is pure. His perspective on life is one of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Opposite of the US set of mind that consumed me at one point of my life, truly made me miserable and engulfed me that I did not even know I was unhappy. He is truly my teacher, I do not think he even knows it. He talks a lot and I listen to his views of life. I told him he is a very intelligent man, he looked at me and laughed.
(Scotish Face)
Yes, not by the traditional since we are accustomed to, no higher education, or high powered job, not a master of the arts, a scholar; he is a man that is a conisour of the spanish hip hop culture, gets paid to work with his hands, but yet is so in tune with his self that the words that come out of his mouth has changed me and made this soon to be doctor become more educated and aware about her life as a human being. I am learning to have a special awareness of myself as a person in the game of life. Yes Ruben will be my friend forever, we promised that one day our children. will play. together. So as I land in scotland, I will have 2 of my most favorite people waiting for me and yes definitely I am in store for an adventure.




No comments: