Friday 16 May 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I like to label these days of my life as… the good ol days of acne and wrinkles. I do not know wich is worse, but nevertheless I would rather do without both.



Doing without… I think most would say that approaching the age of 30-leaving the youth of the 20’s is something one would prefer to do without. However, as I was having one of those realization moments last night…with the feeling of the base trembling my insides, the unfamiliar scent of sweat mixed with cigarettes and alcohol, lights giving glimpses of colored shadows of Spanish smiles, and yes two kisses, one on each cheek followed by feliz cumpleanous….. a moment of awwwww… came over me. I had a complete awareness that nothing bad comes with getting older-well anything that reall matters.

Actually the exact opposite is true.


With age..time has brought me to a place where I have the job, financial security, the education to make a life that is based on freedom. Freedom that allows me to implement excellent project management skills, utilize my growing knowledge of the latest telecommunication technology; so I can take a four hour hike in the Les Agulles area of the Montserratt National Forest. All before my 8-5 central time zone office hours that I keep everyday as my mind and body convert to the Spanish way of life.







Age also has brought me the best friends. My eyes became filled with moisture, my nose started to sting, as I tried to hold back the tears. I looked around my mothers’s garden and living room.



Everything perfect, vases full of irises, the most delicate china, bite size deserts that were made from the loving hands of my mother and grandmother;




but the people staring back at me is what touched me the most. Almost all the special women in my life, the women that have been there for me when life seemed unbearable, women who have shared their wisdom, women to emulate, to respect, women that give me life; where there in all their beauty to celebrate a early birthday tea party.





So today, as I am reminded of what time has brought me, there is nothing I fear of what the next 10 years may bring




































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY HEY!!!!

It's cory, just wanted to find your blog before I forgot the address...

So anywho, may that beautiful new bike take you to some majestic places, I'll be keepin checkin in every now and again.

HAVE FUN!!!

whoopty whoop :D

cory