Thursday 3 January 2008

Please, no more tenticles or eyeballs, Granada Spain


So ya.....the Spanish sun is perfect in the south. Granda, I arrived here by train this morning. I am tagging along with Ruben as he works. Now we are sitting outside about to have tapas and beer at a cafe in the town square. I do not even have a jacket on. As usual, I have no idea what is being said at the table. So I kinda tune everyone out and opt for people watching. There are two young Spanish men playing traditional flamingo songs. Kinda cool, like what u would imagine.

My wish is...no tapas with eye balls or tentacles. The last place we went...I was looking at my dinner watch me...I ate nothing. I must be a spoiled American that I wish someone would behead my food before they give it to me. As I write this the server puts the biggest plate of …ummmm..yep you guessed it. Eye balls and tentacles right in the center of the table.

I find myself in Spain again. I write as if it were an accident; no this was planned. Most of you have figured out that I have a fondness for Spain. The culture, food, roads, mountains, the sun, and well the people have won my heart. How could I not visit Rueben in Montserratt for the New Year? He made it sound so great. “The perfect Rock climbing in the Spanish sun on the south face”. “Snow boarding in the Spanish mountains where his mother’s boyfriend works. He even added…that he was getting a computer router for his apartment and a land line phone; so it would be perfect for my work. I must add that finding a $600 dollar round trip ticket was also a plus.

So, here I am sitting in Ruben’s apartment, he is away for the next couple of days working on the train.
This is the perfect opportunity for me to get alot of work done. I have my laptop, cellphone, a teleconference in 3 hours, the Spanish sun is shinning in through the window, the weekly village market has just finished, and I am about to take a 15 minute coffee break and run down to CafĂ© La Rocha that sits below Ruben’s apartment.
What a great new year.

No comments: